Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Step 1: Abstinence Inspiring Buttons

Admitted we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.  

When I was initially going through withdrawal, I wrote a list of 10 reasons to abstain from my addiction.  I taped this list near my computer to remind me of why I wanted to hang in there through the worst of withdrawal.  This project was inspired by that tool.  However, we extended the list into a creative art project by designing a pin-back button to remind us of the items on this list.  The buttons, unlike the written list, can be displayed in a public place without breaking our anonymity.

Supplies needed:



We started by writing our lists of the 10 reasons we want to abstain from our addictive behavior.  I have multiple addictions, but for the purposes of this exercise, I decided to focus on my sugar addiction.  Here is the list I came up with:


Once we came up with our list, we then designed our pinback buttons to remind us of why we want to abstain from the addictive behavior.  Here is the button I made:


The image I created for my sugar-addiction reminds me of several of the reasons on my list.  The yoga pose reminds me that I want pain-free hips.  The meditative hand gestures remind me that abstinence helps me remain connected to my Higher Power.  And the thin frame of the character reminds me of my vision for my body at a healthier weight.

What are your 10 reasons for abstaining from your addiction?

3 comments:

  1. Specific views of this article really amazed me! I think such informative regards pretty much helps others to learn right or wrong about sex abstinence. Thanks and keep enlightening us about knowledge through blogging.
    teen life

    ReplyDelete

  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was cured from Herpes with herbal med..

    Contact him to win lover back..,

    He will give you the best..

    [r.buckler11] gmail....com

    ReplyDelete